Venturefest North West
The independent panel, which comprised business specialists from Bruntwood Works, Catax, Dehns, Graphene Innovation Engineering Centre, Made Smarter, Manchester Metropolitan University, NatWest and the University of Salford, awarded NGPod Global with a business support package worth nearly £10,000.
The annual competition received entries from more than 120 start-ups, small and medium-sized businesses from across the region, and was one of the centrepieces of a ground-breaking #VFNW19. As well as Product Innovation winner, NGPod Global was also awarded the Overall Winner prize for the competition.
Jenny Campbell, Founder & CEO of YourCash Europe took to the stage following the Innovation competition to inspire and deliver the day’s headline speech. She spoke about her extensive business journey so far, how she has challenged and been challenged in leadership roles in the banking sector and of course her time on the BBC hit show Dragons Den!
Heather Waters, Enterprise Manager at NatWest, Venturefest North West’s headline sponsor for 2019, said:
“Congratulations to NGPod Global, who met some fierce competition today and delivered an incredible pitch that had the full attention of the panel. They should be very proud, as should all of today’s finalists.
“While the competition demonstrates how tough it can be for entrepreneurs and emerging businesses, Venturefest is fundamentally about boosting collaboration across our North West ecosystem and I think the encouragement shown across the board today speaks volumes. It’s been a pleasure to sponsor Venturefest, a unique event where everybody involved has had chance to develop their business ideas and hopefully take new opportunities forward as a result.”
The event was organised by the GC Business Growth Hub, part of the Growth company in Greater Manchester.
We would like to thank all those involved in organising the most successful #VFNW19 so far, you know who you are. We will definitely return next year which is set to be even better.
Registrations for Venturefest North West 2020 are now open at: venturefestnorhwest.com/2020
The full Innovation Showcase Competition finalists were:
- Alison Handling – The UK’s largest independent stockist of new and used recyclable plastic storage boxes, trays, totes, pallets, pallet boxes and more, based in Kirkham, near Preston.
- AI Rehab – Based in Lytham St. Annes, they produce patented apps and devices for patients having hip and knee surgery; encouraging effective rehabilitation behavioural change through gamification and the implementation of Artificial Intelligence algorithms.
- Artemis Analytical Ltd – A start-up company based in Manchester that is developing a quantum-based technology for enhancing the sensitivity of mass spectrometry by more than a factor of 1000. This is currently being used to develop a table top device for carbon dating.
- Clever Cogs – Based in Salford, Clever Cogs develop unique immersive mobile Learning Experiences for teachers and pupils that are fun, productive alternatives to school trips.
- Dicey Tech – A Manchester edtech company that enables young generations to become technology creators by using 3D-printing to teach secondary-school students tech, enterprise skills, and careers insight.
- Dream Agility – A Ramsbottom-based tech company developing the latest in Visual AI and Machine Learning, retailers such as Samsung to grow sales.
- Eco-Mist Biotechnics – A Cumbrian business that has developed a range of exclusive, highly effective healthcare and hygiene products that eradicate 99.9999% of pathogens in rooms and vehicles, yet are harmless to humans, animals and the environment.
- Neptune Solutions – A Failsworth organisation that designs innovative, modular, adjustable and environmentally friendly fluid management systems for flood management and water retention.
- NGPod Global – From its base in Manchester Science Park, the business provides innovative solutions to the patient safety issues surrounding nasogastric (NG) tube placement.
- Rhythm Digital – Based in Manchester, Rhythm Digital make Piing, a web product which gets crowds playing, shouting and interacting by joining big screen arcade games, using their phones as controllers.
- Seven Bro7hers – A brewery in Salford which has gone on to become one of the most popular craft beer breweries in the UK.
- Wattl – A new video platform established in Manchester which blends user-generated videos with professional content from broadcasters and brands.
WHAT IS NGPOD?