Episode #1 - Nutrition Nurse Specialist Yvonne Clarkson from Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Hosted byMarcus Ineson
Yvonne Clarkson is a Nutrition Nurse Specialist from Royal Preston Hospital, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
- 01:18 – How long have you been a nutrition nurse for and what do you enjoy in the role?
- 03:12 – What does the nutrition team look like in Preston?
- 05:40 – Short video of Healthy Human Volunteer study
- 07:13 – How did it feel placing 37 NG tubes on friends & colleagues within the Trust
- 10:05 – Difference between placing NG tubes on healthy human volunteers vs patients
- 12:05 – How did the experience inform your practice going forward
- 12:54 – How important is it to explain the procedure with patients
- 14:25 – Difference between testing with NGPOD vs pH strips in the Healthy Human Volunteer study
More from the podcast
WHAT IS NGPOD?
NGPod: Stop "Never Events", improve patient recovery and reduce costs
The NGPod handheld devices overcomes many of the risks associated with existing Nasogastric placement confirmation methods.
- No aspiration required
- No interpretation required. Get a clear "Yes/No" answer
- Rapid result [c.15 seconds]
- Reduce delays to patients treatment, hydration and nutrition
- More cost-effective than testing with pH strips