Covered this week:
- #NutritionandHydrationweek nasogastric tube challenge
- Josh's struggles with the NG tube challenge
- Phill's published article in the British Dietetic Association (BDA) on his NG Tube experience
- 01:05 We spotted something on Twitter with regards to the low number of male dieticians, what can be done to attract more men to the profession?
- 02:42 #Nutrition&HydrationWeek2020 Josh discusses his challenges (and struggles) with the NG Tube challenge and the experiential learning benefit
- 04:02 What inspired you guys to take on the NG tube challenge?
- 06:15 Josh when you started the challenge, what did the insertion of the NG feel like and how did it go?
- 10:16 Phill you witnessed Josh’s issues with the NG tube challenge why did you decide to step in?
- 11:15 Compared to Josh’s insertion, what was yours like?
- 14:10 Phill discusses his article published in the BDA - A Dietetic perspective of Nasogastric Feeding https://www.bda.uk.com/resource/a-die...
- 15:42 So having had the experience is there anything you think should be done or said to patients to prepare them for the initial insertion and the first 24 hours?
- 17:38 How did it feel having to check your own aspirate before you could feed?
- 19:29 What would your advice be to patients preparing for an NG now you’ve experienced it yourselves?
- 23:06 You had the advantage as a dietician that you could adjust your regime as you went through based on your experiences and your monitoring. So what sort of adjustments did you make during the week?
- 29:49 So having taken this challenge and both of you took it, has that inspired anyone else in the Trust to maybe find something similar and have a go?
WHAT IS NGPOD?